Sunday, October 19, 2008

Toronto After Dark


The After Dark Film Festival is up and running and hitting the city with a slew of fantastic genre films. We've already been treated to flat out marvels ("Let the Right One In" and "Mirageman" to name a few) and the week only gets better from there on out.

On Monday you have a hard-edged (and undoubtedly nauseatingly ultra-violent) film Red, based on a Novel by Jack Ketchum. Following that is the Asian Shocker Omnibus film "4Bia." I had a chance to see the latter at Fantasia this year and if you like your slices of horror creepalicious and filled with seat-flying moments, this is the one for you.

On Tuesday, you get the rip-roaring horror comedy "Netherbeast Incorporated" and the Montreal based soon to be cult comic extravaganza "Who is K.K Downey?"

Check out complete listing at TORONTOAFTERDARK.COM. I'll be updating in a few days with some reviews, ramblings and akwardly personal journal entries of my time at the fest. If you spot me (Green Press Pass, Black Hair, Glasses, Extremely Loud) feel free to shout out my name and I'll happily wander over to chat.

No comments: