Thursday, August 21, 2008

PERSONAL RANT: I *&@& HATE THAT PART!


This is a personal beef. Only read on if you want to stumble through a poorly designed door into the dirty covered mind of a piss poor internet critic (Just remember to close it behind you. There are spiders out there):

The thing I hate about most about writing reviews is:

THE BLOODY SYNOPSIS

It’s dull, boring and I’m ultimately regurgitating what thousands have said (more fluently) before me. It stops me in my tracks every time I get to it. I literally swear under my breath every time. Sometimes I get lucky and steal it from somewhere else (And I ALWAYS note that it wasn’t me that wrote it by either crediting the author or putting it in quotations), sometimes I can’t find a half decent one and sometimes I’m masochistic. It seems so pointless, while at the same time, being a necessary evil. When I write up a movie like Tropic Thunder I have little to no interest to write up the plot. Everyone knows it by then. I have to keep reminding myself that all these words will last thousands of years and be kept in large dust covered libraries. How else will people know what the long lost Tropic Thunder film was about? It’s only essential when I review a Chinese film that I got on an Out of Print VCD, but I still I still hate it damn it! It’s the only part of this job that actually feels like bloody work.

I realize that I have nothing to complain about. If I want to do this I have to everything, including the good/bad. You still have permission to punch me in the face for spelling a name “John Woee”

No comments: